Sunday, March 11, 2007

Reconstruction ...


It takes me 4 weeks, twice a year, to get used to the "spring forward, fall back" hour change..., another month of sleep deprivation. And speaking of the seasons, changes are in the air in the House of pain. I've found its more fun to read and react, than to post-read-react and finally nuke in my own house; hence my posting once or twice a week instead of the daily thing.

But getting back to this theme, I dig this time of year. A lot of bloggers are in spring-cleaning mode. They are shagging and dusting out the carpet, spiffing-up their templates, adjusting their audience (if such a thing is possible) and getting a fresh look on things, a gathering and measuring of themselves as it were. Such are the rites of the season.

I visited a few blogs today and oddly enough they are all in "refresh mode"; and so in the spirit of things, I'll start to do some house cleaning myself. I'm gonna blow-off on some things here, my own habits included. I rant a lot about the hypocrisy of life in this medium and life in general. One of my habits, and a bad one I think, is that I try to be TOO fair both in my comments here and abroad because I have this innate need to be liked and (yes) loved, all in the spirit of a good conversation and discourse. Though it may be a common thing to long for acceptance, it does not do any good if your views are filtered through the looking glass of trying to appease the host's views somewhat. I think I have to change that. I have to learn to say what I feel, respectfully, and carefully edited, without taking the extra step of the "having said that I agree with you that..." disclaimers. I think that is just as hypocritical as anything, unless you truly believe what you are saying. Another thing; I've stopped visiting sites that espouse they are one thing and you go to another site and there they are bellowing out in contrary form to what their house is built on. Look at my blog-roll, its tiny compared to others out there (do they really read all those?...) The reason they are there is that they are consistent and because I've had a great relation in tits for tats with them as well. Go to any of the left or right (center anyone?) blogs there and you will find they are pretty solid in view, no matter the ideology. Go find them in someone else's house and you get the same bravado and passion of thought. My kudos to people like that. Being left should mean that. Being right should mean just that. Being a moderate or centrist -like I think I am, albeit with a twist to the right- should mean you take a position that is not necessarily on one side or another but based on a lot of factors not necessarily objective. I just love it when I go to a blog self-described as centrist and all they do is pee exclusively on the right or left. Please, just say you are an independent progressive or conservative and leave the mantra of centrist to those who not beholden to holding any body's water; to the equal opportunity pissers of the world. There is a reason there are no centrist in my blog roll, I have yet to find one that is as honest in their views as the rest of the invitees. I'm still taking applications.
I'm very much looking forward to changing the visual and content facade to the blog, a new template maybe..., add some contributing writers, and focus on something other that the usual suspects.

Lastly, some different springtime news,... I've reconstituted my band. I will be singing and playing bass along my long-time guitarist maven, who makes Al DiMeola look like he has polio. Its a song-writing team more than a performance-based project, and we are deep in pre-production mode for a summer CD burn. The music style is Pink Floyd meets Clannad meets Incubus,...on human growth hormones. I may even be daring enough to post a mp3 of one of our diddies so you all can roll on the floor laughing for 3.5 minutes.... , aahhh the rites of springtime.

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Good luck with the band! :D I can't wait to hear it!

I love the "spring ahead," as it means the kids are sleeping till eight instead of seven am. More sleep makes me haaaaapy! :D

Dardin Soto said...

Glad something in spring is perking up your day Brooke,... the weather here in California is simply sublime,... thanks to global warming...

QuakerDave said...

Dude, like, libertarian rock and roll. Can't wait to hear it. Put me down for a copy.

Dardin Soto said...

... I never considered the term "libertarian Rock and Roll"... I dig it, I feel a song comin'...

Brooke said...

Bring on the "global warming"... I've got air-conditioning, baby!

Robert said...

C'mon T-P, do what I do and say what you think without fear of repercussions.

Honesty is in itself an admirable position.

Obob said...

I like the daylight savings, we are now eastern. However, it will cost my man mitch his job because of few ingrate backward ass counties. But, good luck with the band. I had not heard of Clannad in years. Must look up on itunes.
In terms of blogging, I go with subpoint of rule number two:
Rule #2. Don't make my job difficult.
a) but if it makes me laugh, I'll allow it.

We take life to serious anymore, say what you want and run with it.

Frank Partisan said...

Several blogs even belonging to friends, freak out when an opposing view is posted. I found my blog needs an opposition to stay interesting.

Anonymous said...

never dare to write a comment, til now. Good luck with your band and hopefully one day I read a post about me. For now dont stop deivering powerful political blogs that Im sure entertain many of us!

Always On Watch said...

Look at my blog-roll, its tiny compared to others out there (do they really read all those?...)

I can't speak for others, of course, but I do read all the links on my sidebar. Not every day, though.

Before I spring-clean my blog--if I even do so--I need to spring-clean my house! Or, rather, get The Maids to come in. I can't afford The Maids very often. **sigh**