Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Catching up on things,...


A few observations on the happenings of the past few weeks and months...


1. So some Senator got caught in some Madame's phone-book. Who gives a rip? Jefferson was banging his slaves and still had time to contribute to the Constitution, FDR (many rumors say) had a live-in lover and managed to wipe out the Nazis and Japanese just fine, Kennedy had the tunnel to the State Department as Diana Dors and Marylin Monroe's private freeway and managed to give us the largest tax cut in history (along with the Bay of Pigs,... but I will leave that one alone), Clinton gave the word "humidor" a new meaning and still has the adoring masses fixated. I do find it humorous that the Democrats are gleefully pounding on this story, yet when their own brethren were getting caught screwing around it was "politics of personal destruction"... hypocrites all, I say. Let them screw around. Once we let them know that all we care about is how the handle the government and not their crotch we may actually get something done up in the Hill.


2. I see Ann Coulter is still playing the press like a yo-yo. Man, this lady is the smartest marketeer I've witnessed in a while. How many times have I said this, leave her alone, stop commenting on her verbal bombs, and she will go away,... but nooooooooo, that stuff is much to juicy to Mathews and the Bloggers to let go. Good, let them waste their time on non-essential news. I just love the pulpit media types lamenting on how the "entertainment" aspect of news has replaced "serious" news, yet when Coulter opens her pie-hole its breaking news. ***k em' all, i say.


3. No, I am still not interested in commenting on any of the potential Presidential candidates for 2008. Its freaking July 11, 2007 people!,... get a life! (... and I say that with a smile on my mug, God forbid I insult any political junkies herewith...)


4. The surge?... Iraq war?... Af-crap-istan?..... yawn................ next topic....


5. Man it has been fun carousing the blogs today,... some of you have been BUSY!!!, How do you guys do it?... to put out that amount of information, AND keep your family and sanity in one peace. PLEASE write a book on how to do this! I promise I will order 2 copies,.. one for my bedside table,... the other for my toilet moments....


6. I am single and looking for a woman. Yes,... I finally decided that a man such as myself cannot go at it alone in this world. I need a woman who can massage my melon, as well as my manners.... Please send your resumes to this blog. All entries will be considered, no matter ideology, race, creed, religion (well,...maybe not ALL religions...), and nationality (except French........ ok, ok... including the French).


7. Anybody know of any good centrist blogs I can put on my blog roll?... I count a few lefts a few rights,... a few ... well, i cannot identify what to hell they are,..... but no centrists..... c'mon, aren't there any linguine-spined (Limbaugh terminology, by the way) centrist blogs out there worth a read?....


Coda...

10 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

hi there TP~!...thanks for stoppin by at my humble abode..feel free to come again~! :)

Dardin Soto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Obob said...

I cannot agree with you more on Ann Coulter, she is a silver/barb tongued genius. Think a more intelligent version of Rosie. And a lot less tequila to make attarctive.
As for the Presidential hoopla, I shamefully admit I'm hooked, but there is a wonk in me who shares living space with a psuedo-intellectual masochist. Everytime I try to ignore politics, I get brought back in like Michael in Godfather III.

Dardin Soto said...

Obob,
You really think i am not going to comment on presidential politics until next year?... nah....! I must be dillusional. One week and I will be disecting Ron Paul's so called libertarian ass until I know what he had for lunch last Tuesday... (jeez... thats a visual...)

Obob said...

I got a little project looking at polling data and the libertarian platform to see where they stand on issues.

Always On Watch said...

Truth-Pain,
How do you guys do it?... to put out that amount of information, AND keep your family and sanity in one peace.

Well, I get bored easily and have to multi-task. Must be that one-room-schoolhouse education I got. LOL.

As to family, it's just my husband and I. He works long hours, so I blog like mad while he's working evenings and nights. Today, of course, is Saturday; he's out in the back yard working on the car.

I admit that I've never been much of a housekeeper. My husband is not a neat-nut, so he doesn't much care if I neglect things here, as long as the laundry is done.

I cook in volume and am queen of the crockpot!

QuakerDave said...

I don't think most of us have a huge problem with some elected official visiting the local den of iniquity. I think the problem is that THIS particular guy is one of those "traditional family values" guys, which makes this laughably hypocritical.

And I agree with you about Fraulein KKKoulter. Never has someone with so little talent and so little of substance to say been able to use those traits to make so much money and get so much attention. Ain't America great?

Obob said...

I love crockpot cooking! And I am sometimes considered ADHD something like that. I get bored quickly

Robert said...

The bathroom is also my library where I catch up on my leisure reading. Of course, with four children it is the only place I can go to be alone at any given time, and even that is sometimes untrue...

It is hard to keep it all together, don't fell alone. I went back for giggles and looked at some old posts of mine where you were in my house almost every day, and I yours. Do you think we bore ourselves? lol

I am in total agreement about the '08 lottery. I can't even get up the energy to bash Clinton and Obama, much less seriously take a look at the big picture. I thik it is far too early.

Hang in there, and when you get a moment drop by. I haven't had much to say of any real interest, but at least I am current!

Jerry said...

Hey,
Just surfing a few blogs when I came across yours and just simply can't help myself but to correct a factual error here - even though I know this post is several months old.

Jefferson had absolutely no input into the constitution. ZERO He was in France at the time.

I guess I just got way too much time on my handsm eh?